• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with a noid light

wim hoppenbrouwers

NAXJA Forum User
hallo. To test a harness of an injector ( XJ92), you can use a noid light to control the voltage signal from the ECU. Can I use also a normal 12 volt bulb instead? Or is this bad for the ECU? Can I design a noid light myself?
Has somebody a diagram of these nice tools? In Holland, it is very diff. to buy one.:wave1: Greetings

You don't want to use a test light. Use an LED. If you use anything when testing that draws more current then the injector, you risk damaging the PCM.

You can buy LEDs at a "Radio Shack" type place.

McQue said:

Thanks. To inform you. This morning the Fedex brought me the Actron Fuel Pressure gauge. Ebay price 32 dollar + 23 dollar Freight + 16 Euro Dutch tax.
So ordering from Ebay USA is not so interesting. Only here in Holland, there is no carlove. Tools for USA cars, you cannot find. Why do you not send me a Noid Light? I will pay yuo well.:wave1:

The problem is also that you cant look at the tools in a shop, only the pics. To make a right choice for jeep is difficult.

Last edited:
wim hoppenbrouwers said:
hallo. To test a harness of an injector ( XJ92), you can use a noid light to control the voltage signal from the ECU. Can I use also a normal 12 volt bulb instead? Or is this bad for the ECU? Can I design a noid light myself?
Has somebody a diagram of these nice tools? In Holland, it is very diff. to buy one.:wave1: Greetings

what problems are you having that you need to test the injectors?

89xj said:
what problems are you having that you need to test the injectors?

Hallo. Well no problems at all. But I like to learn and understand the working of an XJ. I am a technical jeepadict and have also contact with the dutch jeepforums. To understand and solve problems,it is very important to investigate every detail. Tools are a part of it.:lecture:

Back