• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help w/98 TJ Blower Motor

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Back in may I took my TJ wheelin and got it stuck in water to the top of my 31's, on the way home the heater stopped blowing. Somebody told me to check all the vacuum lines and electrical connections at the selector and they're all ok. When the fan is switched on the relay(behind the glovebox) clicks so I've tried 2 different working identical relays in there but no avail.

I think that the heater motor might be stuck and needs to be freed but I can't get to it...So the blower motor is located behind the dash where the radio lives, right? Would a 94 XJ blower motor work?

Any ideas? Thanks guys

Not sure about a TJ but on the XJ blower motor is accessed from under the hood on the firewall....not through the dash. There should also be a fuse that controls the blower.

you checked the fuse right? my blower went out in my manche and the fuse was the wrong amperage, and blown. id check that if you havent already

Forgot to add the fuse was the first thing I checked. Doesn't look like there's anywhere in the firewall to access the fan thru.

Back