• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

popping from the back

Mine did that, I just retorqued the U-bolts and that fixed it. I also hosed it down with Corrosion-X at the same time, not sure if that helped or not.

My spring packs also pop but the U-bolts are tight. Thought it was just my bastard packs.

Mine popped too when I had extra leaves in but went away when I removed them. If you don't have modified leaf springs then I am stumped if your u-bolts are tight. Are all of your leaf spring pads intact between the leaf springs? Missing pads might make it pop as the leaves catch and release during acceleration/slight axle wrap because they are scraping together instead of sliding. It should also pop when going over large bumps/curbs though, so just some theories...perhaps we need more detail concerning your problem. Later.

it deff does it when im like on a trail or go over a curb or something, pretty much it doesnt it on acceleration or when the rear flexes a bit.

mikeforte said:
My spring packs also pop but the U-bolts are tight.
I thought my U-bolts were tight, too (using my highly calibrated arm), until I pulled out my trusty Snap-On torque wrench and checked them. WOW were they loose. I retorqued them to 80 ft/lbs since they are 1/2 inch U-bolts. Max torque for 1/2-20 is 92 ft/lbs by this chart:
http://www.youngspring.com/pages/torque.htm

Just something to check.

i had a similar noise on mine happened whenever i accelerated or reversed. found that the eye on my main leaf spring was broke replaced the main and the noise went away.

Daedalus454 said:
I thought my U-bolts were tight, too (using my highly calibrated arm), until I pulled out my trusty Snap-On torque wrench and checked them. WOW were they loose. I retorqued them to 80 ft/lbs since they are 1/2 inch U-bolts. Max torque for 1/2-20 is 92 ft/lbs by this chart:
http://www.youngspring.com/pages/torque.htm

Just something to check.
Good find! I'm using 5/8 u-bolts and I stopped torqing when the plate started to bend. I better check them again and double nut em.

Back