• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bench Seat for my "New" Comanche

motroutmo

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched all over the net and NAXJA in the last few days and found very little in the way of where I can get a FRONT BENCH SEAT to replace the buckets in my new to me 1989 MJ. Used in good condition or New. Anyone know where I can find one on the web or near the St. Louis Area ? Are there others (like from a dakota or toyota) that will fit? Please and thanks! Any input is apreciated!

Thanks!
mo

motroutmo said:
I've searched all over the net and NAXJA in the last few days and found very little in the way of where I can get a FRONT BENCH SEAT to replace the buckets in my new to me 1989 MJ. Used in good condition or New. Anyone know where I can find one on the web or near the St. Louis Area ? Are there others (like from a dakota or toyota) that will fit? Please and thanks! Any input is apreciated!

Thanks!
mo
If you end up doing that make sure you sell your Manche bucket brackets; you will get a ton from them. You might try www.car-part.com to search the junkyards around your area.

xcm said:
ditto on slanging them brackets.... should you be foolish enough to actually WANT a bench....
Yeah I don't understand the whole bench deal, I converted my MJ the other way and will do the same to each one I get in the future.

xcm said:
ditto on slanging them brackets.... should you be foolish enough to actually WANT a bench....

what's wrong with wanting a bench seat? Back in the day, when I was a young buck, I would Armor All the passenger side of my bench and take a sharp right turn-- just gotta make sure you've got a hot chick in the passenger seat, not some fat guy you promised a ride! :wow:

um, I got 6 kids. Just picked up the MJ to replace an F150 Extended Cab 4x4 because Jeeps are more fun and I always wanted and MJ. Better on gas too. I can't take more than one kid with me to the farm in the MJ unless I get a bench - then I can take two :) And I plan to have this MJ for ever so when the kids are grown I'll put in some new buckets to take wifey wheelin'.

jimmy
New MJ Owner
Old XJ Owner (yeah - I still have it)

i want those brackets, how much you want for them? go to your local jy, if they have an mj, its most likely to have a bench.

I have two kids ages 6 and 2 and I specifically looked for an MJ with a bench...

Although...

You could probably rig a bucket and a 3/4 bench with some creative fabbing and an upholstery shop..

I know a guy in Springfield with a 2WD MJ that's pretty much worn out as far as the drivetrain-he has parked it and started driving something else-it has a bench but it may be a make an offer on the whole truck kind of thing...an expensive way to get a seat but if you were interested in some other parts it may be a worthwhile deal.pm me if you want me to look into it.

Back