• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock slider bolt question

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Ok i just picked up a set of rock sliders and they didn't have any hardware for them. What type of bolts should i be looking to get to mount them to the frame rails and to the pinch weld.

thanks,
Ben

For the frame rails, get the self tapping kind with the slot in the side. Drill the hole with a quality metal bit, then run the bolt in and call it a day, they don't come out.

For the pinch welds, any small bolts will work, they are more to secure it so it doesn't flop around more than anything else. If you really want to be slick, you can tack the bolts to the frame and /or washers so they won't back out, but I didn't and I've had no problems after a year of hard running.

http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/ he did my rails, and they came with quality nuts/bolts, you may wanna get in touch with him for the exact specs, but I'd imagine you could go to your local hardware store and tell them the size you'd like to have and buy them, shouldn't be too much cash, maybe 10 bucks for the whole shebang.

It's been a while since i installed my rails, i don't remember what size i used, but if you measure the holes in the rails you can get a good idea! If the hardware store doesn't work out try a bigger chain like Home Depot or Lowe's, or maybe even the local steel yard :).

Haleyes said:
You'll be lucky if you find them. I could not find them locally.

JCR Offroad has what you need.
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SldBlts&Category_Code=DPL

wow what a rip off! I buy a box of 100 of each for around 15.00 total from copper state nut and bolt.

you need 3/8" x 1" self threading not self tapping and a type R drill bit.

for the feet of the rock rails and 1/4" x 1" bolts for the body seam with a 1/4" drill bit

here ya go:

Fastenal Inc
(574) 268-1076
133 Enterprise Dr

3/8-16x1" Hex Washer Head T23 Zinc Thread Cutting Screw Fastenal Part No. (Sku): 1132468

1/4-20 x 1 A307A Hot Dipped Galvanized Hex Bolt Fastenal Part No. (Sku): 91804
now just need nuts and washers

Last edited:
Back