• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get a hood latch cable?

I got mine for something like $15 off of eBay. I've had it for almost a year and haven't had any issues with it. Make sure you clean all the moving parts under there and lubricate it so you don't have that problem again.

salvage yard. I am going to guess it is a new body style because they seem to be the ones to break. The last one I replaced it immediately broke again because the part it hooks to under the hood was rusted to the point it was seized.
To fix it, I drilled the rivits out and cleaned it very well with a wire brush on a bench grinder then sprayed it good with lithium grease then bolted it back in place. Since then there have been no problems.

+1 for flea bay

got mine for 15 or so, came in perfict factory packaging, and installed beautifully

Ukraine Train said:
My hood latch seizing up is how mine broke too. Ironically enough I was opening the hood to lube the latch and that's when it broke lol. Looks like ebay is the best bet, they're going for about $25 shipped now.
that is exactly how mine went!

I actually didn't latch the hood when I was having problems opening it the previous time, and lucked out!

Back