• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What kind of shackle?

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a OME/Hybrid 3" lift and it has settled to less than I like. I rub Front and rear with 31's. However i love the ride. So my question is What type of Shackle/spacer combo to get a little boost.
From my searching Boomerang shackles are great but they are better for 4.5" or more; Am I correct?
I have a .75" RE coil spacer up front so how do i go about lifting it more? Can i add another spacer to the top of that?

I am looking for roughly 3.5" to 4" and i think i am sitting at about 2".

Any Help is much appreciated and if there is a thread that i missed while searching please send me there.

Thanks NAXJA ,

Josh

"Boomerang" has nothing to do with it,thats just the physical "shape" not the "effect"!

Well i get alot of flex out of my OME leafs however i want to lift it more so i think i want an extended shackle for lift/better flex, so the blocks are out. What about the OME Add-A-Leaf. I have read good things but my Dad and i are skeptical about AAL's.My dad has a bronco and he has ruined some a couple of leaf packs by using an Add-A-Leaf.

RCP Phx- I read through my searching that a boomerang Shackle will hit the shackle walls.
So Let me Correct my first post NOT necessarily 4.5" + but a long leaf. So are OME longer leaves?

Josh

Last edited:
I'm running ACOS up front and TeraFlex 1.5" in the rear and only some minor trimming. 4" lift and 31's. I should have added that I have OME HD rears and OME med duty fronts.

P1010046.jpg

Last edited:
Glad I could help!

I've never regreted going with OME and I still have plenty of room(with trimming) to go bigger and keep my COG low. The ride is still good after 2 years and 12k miles. I haven't had any real noticable sag yet, but I unload my Jeep after every ride so its not sitting with a load in it and I carry about 300#s of tools/spare parts when I wheel. The weight settles the ride good and as you can see in the pic the OME HD springs hold it up good.

IMO, the Medium OME springs are too soft...I like the 3" "ZJ" coils better.

the OME AAL is made to COMPLIMENT their leaf pack. its the same thickness/arch as their leaf pack, so its not like most AALs that are either super thick/stiff/arched.

Go with a 1" shackle and a AAL. I like my 1" JKS boomerang.

JNickel101 said:
IMO, the Medium OME springs are too soft...I like the 3" "ZJ" coils better.

Never tried the ZJ coils, but they would be stiffer. The OME Med are fine if you are not running a heavy winch/bumper combo.

The med. flex real good off-road.

Crozet82407008.jpg

I have boomerang shackles, I got them because the angle of my stock shackle wasn't allowing my leafs to flex very well.
I believe much depends on the angle your shackle sits. You want it to angle towards the rear at about a 45*. With the boomerang one on now mine sits that way, which helps quite a bit when flexing.
I would think it may depend on your leafs length, arch and such too, not just the shackle angle.
Atleast I noticed it helped with me.

Back