• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
thinking of buying the PORC SYE. i would obviously need to get a cv driveshaft. where could i buy one that is reasonably priced? im lifting my jeep 6". if i buy the CV drive shaft now, we'll i have to get a longer one or could i used the CV Shaft?

get the PORC and buy a used XJ front shaft. That or at that height you might be able to use a ZJ front shaft also. Just take the shaft that you buy into a driveline shop and have them replace the joints and balance it. It will probably run you a good 70 to 100 bucks to get it fixed up, but still much cheaper than buying a brand new shaft.

ty20404 said:
get the PORC and buy a used XJ front shaft.

That is what I did and I am at 6.5" of lift. Do a search for PORC SYE and you sould get a ton of feedback. This has been covered a LOT. I found all the information as well as helpful tips on here when I did my SYE.

ty20404 said:
get the PORC and buy a used XJ front shaft. That or at that height you might be able to use a ZJ front shaft also. Just take the shaft that you buy into a driveline shop and have them replace the joints and balance it. It will probably run you a good 70 to 100 bucks to get it fixed up, but still much cheaper than buying a brand new shaft.
will the driveshaft pull apart completely if it is completely flexed in the rear?

I just did the BDS 4.5, PORC SYE and XJ front shaft. Cleaned up and rebuilt the DS with new u-joints and a centering yoke rebuild kit. Runs Smooooth. I don't know if the XJ shaft would be long enough at 6" with alot of droop.

DougJ said:
I just did the BDS 4.5, PORC SYE and XJ front shaft. Cleaned up and rebuilt the DS with new u-joints and a centering yoke rebuild kit. Runs Smooooth. I don't know if the XJ shaft would be long enough at 6" with alot of droop.
yeah thats the main concern, how is it on your xj? does it fully droop?

Anthony's_98_XJ said:
yeah thats the main concern, how is it on your xj? does it fully droop?

I just got it all done a few days ago, and haven't really wrung it out yet. I'm going to measure my spare front shaft to figure how much engagement I actually have. If I get motivated I'll do that this weekend.

Doug

I've got a similar setup to Anthony's. 4-1/2" RE Lift (runs at about 5-1/2) w/ a Dana 44 in the back, PORC SLE, and use two front CV driveshafts. I've wheeled it pretty good without any problems. It does look a bit extended in the back, but seems to be staying where it ought to.

Try it. A CV shaft at the junk yard is usually about $20.

Back