• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric fan stays on!

TRSCobra

NAXJA Forum User
My cousin has a 99 XJ 4.0 and occasionally, the electric fan stays on after the jeep is turned off. :firedevil

Stuck relay, maybe?

The electric fan is run off heat sensors. Not sure where or what temp. But the engine could still be past that when its turned off and its probably still trying to cool it. No biggie.. just make sure the cooland is where it needs to be and that the thremostat is working. i wouldnt worry unless the temp gauge is telling you something more. if you havnt already checked.

ive had that happen on my 97, so i popped the hood and wiggled the relays and it stopped, then i changed them around, and i never happened again, thats my .02

Yes the relay can stick,happened to mine and killed the battery .Changed relay all is good now.

Wayne

I got a chance to look at his jeep and once I tapped the relay it shut the fan down.

Problem solved. It'll get a new relay soon.

Back