• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A single control arm?

Matthew Currie

NAXJA Member #760
Hi folks. Most of you who know me know I don't visit the modified board often, being a box-stock sort of guy. However, I ran across the suspension setup shown here today in Glens Falls, NY. I am just very curious about its suitability, because I've never seen it done this way, and it doesn't seem as if it would be very strong.

xjtrackbardr0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So, anybody care to edumacate me about single-point control arm setups?

yup thats a y-link, TNT and some others use that same kind of setup.

Looks just like a run of the mill long arm setup to me, pretty much a radious arm set nut using the stock d30 mounts. they are very stable, if set up correctly it will provide much more flex then the stock short arms.
Jeremy

oo7ravisXJ said:
yup thats a y-link, TNT and some others use that same kind of setup.
No, its a radius style. Y link is what TnTs arms are called.

And radius arms came stock on lots of trucks, so if it works for them, it works fine for us.

Sounds like he is saying that there is only one radius, on the driver. Just the lower on the passenger side. If your asking that, Some people do it to gain more articulation offroad. I wouldl'nt run it, unless it was a true 3 link.

I have to say I was out with a Land Rover a couple weeks ago.It uses the C type radius arm that looks like this [__]_________ ,while I didnt care for the ground clearance he had no problem flexing it up!

Thanks, folks. Now I know what I'm looking at. As you can see, the Jeep in question was a bit different from my little old stocker, so it kind of caught my :eyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if it belongs to someone here, or to someone CartsXJ knows. Blue, NY plates, parked at a garage in Queensbury, right next to "Inside Edge" ski and bike shop? I didn't see a NAXJA sticker, but there's a lot of salt and mud one everything these days.

RyanM said:
Sounds like he is saying that there is only one radius, on the driver. Just the lower on the passenger side. If your asking that, Some people do it to gain more articulation offroad. I wouldl'nt run it, unless it was a true 3 link.
No, matched 3-link radius arms on both sides. It looked pretty sanitary.

Back