• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Stalls after driving for about 15 Minutes

xylonjay

NAXJA Forum User
I leave work every day for lunch and drive about 10 minutes to home. I stay for about 20 minutes and leave. Here is my problem: When Im leaving to go back to work, my jeep will start and the check eng light comes on. Then when I put it into reverse to back up and let out clutch it sputters and dies out. I can usually get it to run fine after about 5-25 tries at starting it, and it seems to only do this after being driven, shutdown and then restarted. Ran a scanner on the ECM and the codes were "below recommended minimum voltage" issues with the TPS and MAP sensors. I replaced the MAP sensor, and TPS and still having the same problem. Any ideas on what else to try?

Is the TPS adjusted to the correctly? Also maybe check the CPS, I had a problem where my jeep was running just fine, and for what ever reason it just shut down, after doing a bunch of tests, I saw that the CPS wasn't center on the mounting thing, Replaced it not a problem sence.

Sounds like a CPS to me.

Back