• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap

nick86

NAXJA Forum User
No, I'm not a noob. just a lazy searcher. Do the spring perches need to be relocated? or is a direct bolt in? What issues are there with brake lines u-joint compatability? And what years do I want? Disc brake NO abs. Oh, I don't care bout parking brake issues. Flame on.

cal said:
Not much else to say, you covered it.

Now go search. =)
Thanks for NOTHING a$$hat

ia green96 said:

-YOU- said to flame, so I did.

This is the simplest thing out there to search on. There are even kits available that give you all of the parts nice and packaged with clear instructions. There are two freaking threads on it in the first two pages of mod tech right now.

Guess I gotta stop looking the den, huh?

Need new perches, and they must be relocated toward the backing plate (narrower axle) you will find the rest very easily by searching, theres alot out there

He did say LAZY!!!:dunno: and name callin will only get ya squat from the rest of us!:peace:

ia green96 said:

You're seriously expecting help with your post?! Pull your head out of your lazy butt and search. Since you've been spending all your time in the den...don't be surprised when someone nominates you.

bcmaxx said:
Need new perches, and they must be relocated toward the backing plate (narrower axle) you will find the rest very easily by searching, theres alot out there

spring perches, gotha, welder gotha, brake line compatability? anyone?

Will this swap cause rubbing issues?

ia green96 said:
Will this swap cause rubbing issues?

With what size tires? What backspacking of what size wheel?

Seriously. Get off of your lazy ass and do three minutes of research.

Dude, I allready said I was lazy. Plus I thought this might be a quick ref thread for those doing a search.

Now back to the thread, u-joint issues? driveshaft length issues? brakeline issues? chime in. this site is full of knowledge. By the way it would be replacing a 8 1/4.

quoted from you,yourself:(ia green 96)
"Granted you do get the noobies that don't know how to search, but we all been there."

I reused the 1310 u joint my d35 had, shaft stayed the same, braklines bolted up, I did later install a f150 rear flex hose for more length, needed a flange adapter to go from my 8.8 flange to my u joint, $36.00, I did a search and found an application and went from there

Yes, you said you were lazy...so, we're just agreeing with you. You said "flame on". Well...glad to oblige.

ia green96 said:
this site is full of knowledge

The best way to find it is this little thing called "search".

Thank you for another worthless reply.

SEARCH! Every question you just asked has been covered before. Click on SEARCH then type 8.8, then your wishes will be granted. Besides "Ya tone, it's all wrong" ( cue Christopher Walken)

Trust me I use the seach option alot, just wanted some fast anwsers is all.
I got the perch thing , just asking bout brake lines, u-joint compatability, & what year Exploder did you get it from?

Ya no buddy, as already stated, this is a very easy subject to search. When I did my swap I read for about an hour and was ready to go.
You said you are lazy, well then WTF are you going to do this swap for? Is a shop going to do the work? Tell them to find out the info than. Your to lazy to search, than no info for you!!

Kim

Back