• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some power!!(electrical that is)

fitbmxseries1

NAXJA Forum User
ok i need to power many things right now i have, Fog lights, Radar dector, sattalite radio and more 12v plugs (need to rewire mine cause they never want to work) but they all need to be connected to the ignition so when i start the car they ar on but when its off all the accessories are off. I dont want to do a hack job because running so manythings could cause an issue if i ran it all off of a random wire i find that has power. so what are my best options?

You could try ATO fuse taps, just find some ignition fuses and stick these in.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wirthco-Fuse-Block-Add-On-Circuit-Tap-30003_W0QQitemZ250184596525QQcmdZViewItem

Or maybe try this,
http://www.electronicplus.com/images/products/46377-10.jpg

Just find the heavy gauge wire coming from the ignition switch that is hot when the key is on and run a wire from there to a relay to activate the relay and send power to this fuse block, or if you don't mind risking burning up the ignition switch then run a wire from it straight to the fuse block.

Hope this helps, good luck!

I agree with Mbjeep91. The Running of a good heavy gauge from the switched inginition switch to a relay powered by a direct battery connection is the best way to go. As far as the fuse block i would check a local autoparts store or a car audio store. They should have something that will work for you.

i need to do somthing kinda quick but down the line i want to do a seperate fuse block that is on the switched ignition. but im not sure where do i connect the heavy gauge wire to. im kinda a visual guy any one have a picture of a drawing?

I would us a good sized gauge for the switched power source to the relay. Then the relay will need a heavy gauge wire powering the relay directly for the battery, Another heavy wire will run from the output of the relay to power the new Fuse box. Below is a complete wiring diagram for a relay hope these will help shed some light:clap:
Relay Wiring Diagram

A relay is typically used to control a component that draws high amperage. The relay allows full power to the component without needing a switch that can carry the amps. The switch only controls the relay. The relay then provides a direct connection to the battery. It should be noted that either the power(86) or ground(85) in the relay control circuit can be switched. In the case of a horn, the horn button would be used to switch the ground lead(85) and power(86) would be provided directly from the fuse box.

This is a typical wiring diagram for a standard relay installed for

headlights, horn, fuel pump, electric fan, etc. If the relay has a
5th terminal, it is not used.

relaywire.jpg

Back