• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dimmer Switch Rod Problems. URGENT!!

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the middle of my ignition switch change, took off the dimmer switch first, and the rod for the dimmer comes sliding out of the column!!!! How does this thing go back in? Does it just sit in there, or does it mount to something inside the column first? One end is straight, the other end has a notch in it.

THANKS!

It will slip back into its slot if you poke at it long enough.

I too found out about this the hard way. For the benefit of others contemplating this job, I suggest taping the rod to the column with a bit of masking tape (or whatever) before removing the switch.

What little button? I can't speak for 88XJSport but there is no evidence that mine is broken. The rod just slipped out, I slipped it back in and everything functions as it did before. Perhaps there is supposed to be something to hold it in, but as long as it works, I'm not going to worry about it.

I think Blaine B. is getting confused with the headlight switch and the dimmer for the instrument lights. I was talking about the dimmer switch (hi beam/lo beam) rod in the steering column.

Pelican, I did find out after the fact, that the FSM tells you to tape the rod to the column after you remove the dimmer switch. :dunce:

Ha, whatever, I got it all back together. Oh and heres my old ignition switch if anybody is curious.........

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

Back