• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions b4 I buy 95 Sport with ABS light on

cantdrive55

NAXJA Forum User
OK, here goes. I gave my son my 94 Sport a couple years ago and sadly, it's gone. (long story) Anyway, I have the opportunity to pick up a 95 sport for $1500. 97k miles, typical XJ probs (headliner, etc.) Anyway, I drove it and found the ABS light comes on after a few minutes. The brakes still feel fine when the light is on. The Jeep was made in 9/1994. The master cylinder says "bendix" on it. Does this mean the ABS is Bendix? Either way, I hate early ABS on the XJ and want to just pull the two fuses. I'm not sure if I will have problems or not. I don't think so, but wanted the opinions from some others. I have until Tuesday AM to make a decision on this before it's sold to someone else. Thanks in advance.

You might be able to bring it into the dealership and actually have the ABS serviced for free.

Being under 100k that's a real low mileage 95!

Also I THINK I remember there being something about a 100k mile warranty on some ABS components - and a lifetime warranty on the ABS pump itself?

So you might be in luck.

Back