• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

salvage radiators?

Would not be my first choice but if you need to then do it but keep an eye on it.
THe only differences are closed vs open systems as well as auto vs stick, othewise I'm 99% sure they are all the same..

Atl XJ said:
i would definitely advise against this unless it was an emergency.
Pretty much, radiators aren't that expensive. They can also be easily damaged, especially if you've seen how junkyards handle their cars.

I will give you a stock radiator from my 96, you just need to come and get it. Im a couple hours from you. I guarantee its in good shape, does not leak, isnt busted up and works fine, at least it did when I upgraded to a 3 core. It never overheated, I just wanted to upgrade because I started towing.

Ray H said:
I will give you a stock radiator from my 96, you just need to come and get it. Im a couple hours from you. I guarantee its in good shape, does not leak, isnt busted up and works fine, at least it did when I upgraded to a 3 core. It never overheated, I just wanted to upgrade because I started towing.

A free second-hand radiator, thought to be good is the only one worth bothering with. . .

Back