• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Install Q's

CJCOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of installing a JCR front bumper on my '00 XJ. When I removed the stock front bumper I had to disconnect a vacuum line thatr was connected to some kind of ball. What is it for? Also, where did you guys reolcate the ball to?

Its a vacuum resevoir. you do need it so dont remove it. I just tucked mine in the engine com:attom: partment right above the oil filter.

That ball is the vacuum ball. It is there to help the any vacuum controled devices on the jeep work properly. In my 89 I went with an open style cooling system so I was able to mount the ball under where my old coolant bottle went, and since I am using a posi-lok aswell that ball only contyrols my heater control functions.

you can use a coffee can, 2-liter coke bottle it don't matter! Wow, oh how much this question is asked... Jeep should just stamp the answer to this question directly on the ball.

What do you guys think of pluggins it for about a day? The install went well, except for the fact that I broke a steering box bolt. It broke off flush in side the box. Luckily, I might be able to get the bolt with a pipe wrench. Any suggestions?

If you plug the lines the jeep will run just fine. Your cruise and AC will suck. The air will only blow out of the defrost unless you have some super duper vacuum.

Okay, I just relocated it in the engine bay. Thanks guys for all your help! Now I have to figure out how to get this broken bolt out.

Back