• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found some OLD pictures

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
So I came across my old pictures the other day of my wreck from like 7 or 8 years ago. A few of you have seen these and know the story.

I had an '85 GMC diesel 3/4ton pickup and my Wrangler I towed /w a tow bar. Headed to Evans Creek and the 2nd turn out of Wilkeson, some guy was coming down the hill WAYYYYY too fast, crossed the centerline and hit us offset/head-on. I was OK, Tanner was OK, we had just stopped in Wilkeson and Jen had not put her seatbelt back on yet, the shattered windshield is where her head hit and she went through 5 years of physical therapy for her shoulder and eventually surgery. This was also the very first time I had ever met Aaron (Bgbubabrwn) and that's his pretty tan YJ. Bryan was following me. The guy in the van ended up being a cub scout leader and had one other adult and 4 or 5 kids with him. They were all OK, IIRC /w some minor cuts/scrapes, etc.

Anyways, here's the pics. (Thanks again John H for scanning them for me)

wreck4.jpg

wreck6.jpg

wreck5.jpg

wreck3.jpg

wreck7.jpg

wreck8.jpg

wreck2.jpg

Wow John! Glad your family walked away from that one. With the exception of Jen's injuries, you all were quite fortunate.

Did your Wrangler get totalled also?

That is an an amazing amount of damage to your Pick-up. I've had a couple Chevys of that era, and they're pretty tough. Looks like yours met its match.

-Jeremy

Megawatt said:
Did your Wrangler get totalled also?

That is an an amazing amount of damage to your Pick-up. I've had a couple Chevys of that era, and they're pretty tough. Looks like yours met its match.

-Jeremy

Both were completely totalled. The YJ had the tub/frame/cage bent, the front axle pushed the driveline back and busted the t-case off the back of the transmission, the transmission case was split in half. I got screwed on the $$$ for the YJ but they paid good money for the truck and it kinda evened out. It hit the truck so hard it broke off the drivers side exhaust manifold, ripped the knuckle off the fr. axle, etc.

J

85xj4dr said:
So what happened?

QUOTE--
I had an '85 GMC diesel 3/4ton pickup and my Wrangler I towed /w a tow bar. Headed to Evans Creek and the 2nd turn out of Wilkeson, some guy was coming down the hill WAYYYYY too fast, crossed the centerline and hit us offset/head-on. I was OK, Tanner was OK, we had just stopped in Wilkeson and Jen had not put her seatbelt back on yet, the shattered windshield is where her head hit and she went through 5 years of physical therapy for her shoulder and eventually surgery. This was also the very first time I had ever met Aaron (Bgbubabrwn) and that's his pretty tan YJ. Bryan was following me. The guy in the van ended up being a cub scout leader and had one other adult and 4 or 5 kids with him. They were all OK, IIRC /w some minor cuts/scrapes, etc.

that must have really sucked. the guy should have paid in full for your truck AND the jeep. god I hate the court system now-a-days.
They will screw you out of soooo much money it aint even funny

XJ_Owner said:
that must have really sucked. the guy should have paid in full for your truck AND the jeep. god I hate the court system now-a-days.

I have NO idea what happened with John and his settlement. The following response is purely based on your last two sentences:
If you want to get compensation for a loss in the USA you need to practice some forward thinking. BUY INSURANCE. Let your insurance company battle the other guy's. Or you can collect from yours and allow them to sue the guy for lack of insurance.
The court system has a lot less to do with getting compensation than does the insurance system. Most of the times when a court orders restitution the victor never sees a dime. (case in point the OJ Simpson civil suit. OJ lives a nice life and still owes a ton of cash that he is "unable" to pay). What you get is what your side can get you.

XJ_Owner said:
edit: Didn't really dignify a response. :rolleyes:

Back