• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dw

Same here, ive had it btw 30-50 and above 70mph... that hwy $h!t is scary. It can be a pain to diagnose to..start with the obvious, there plenty of threads on what all to check. Ive got mine mostly contained although there is still a hint of evil...

my jeep feels like the f ing tires are gonna fly off at 25 mph and just about shakes the glass out is that dw

no its done it twice on flat ass road. has done it twice now. but when i bought it drove it like 300 miles with nothing. then drove it to store and then i about crapped myself. pulled over to see if the wheels were coming off and they werent. it drove fine the rest of the trip . it sat for about 2 weeks went to drive for just fun then it happened again. havnt driven it since affraid it might break something. it is very violent

ive grabbed and move everthing in the steering system by hand nothing move is that not good enough

I suggest replacing any bushings that look worn, it probably needed it anyways. Then check the TRE on the trackbar and the bolt holes and the bolt on the tracbar. THen have it alligned and drive it and be happy!

xj151 said:
ive grabbed and move everthing in the steering system by hand nothing move is that not good enough

No the trac bar could have an issue and you not be able to move it by hand. Get a friend to get in the drivers seat, start it up and move the wheel back and forth and watch for loose stuff - like the tracbar which is most always the problem...as well as the alignment. If nothing is loose get an alignment.

How much lift do you have?

if it's 4" like you think then I would definitly invest in an adjustable... that could be your problem... I could see why the axle would try to sling you out while you're trying to take it down the road 3 inchs offcenter.

all I had to do to get rid of mine was balance my tires

Back