• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac-bars

94XJSE

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a popular question but not in this way.
Everybody knows of the rusty's bar breaking under hard conditions but not like this.
I just broke my trac-bar 30 min ago by turning around in a fresh snowdrift.:bs:
I have never even taken the jeep off-road yet.
What is the best replacment? Need one quick.

quick would be whoever you choose with speedy shipping.
many have good things to say about RE, JKS is solid, TNT is good... one of those things where you get what you pay for it seems. Wish I had known that before I got my Rusty's POS, which I have repaired twice now.

I put one from TNT on my MJ- it was beefy, came with the HD bracket for $250 shipped. Also, it uses the better superflex type joint instead of a heim.

I am very pleased with my JKS products. Excellent quality and very beefy. Definately not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Not to hijack this thread but it is painfully clear that Rusty's trac-bar is just not that good. Why does't he either a) redesign is flawed design or b) offer a different tabc-bar with his kits?

Well as far as I know he has already gone thru several different rod ends in pursuit of a not so flawed design. He will very quickly replace your if it does break. I ran mine for a little while with no problems and then I changed it out... but not because it broke. You would think he would do what's possible to fix it.

When I called Rusty for my replacement I only received the part that broke (small adj bolt end) which didn't really solve my problem. From our short conversation he didn't seem to think there was a problem with the design.

Haven't seen the new/improved model, but my 1 1/2 year old one, well, sucks. Especially when compared to my buddies RE one, TNT/JKS and others must be mucho beefo in comparision.

If you can get it replaced, ya, otherwise get a quality one.

I run a rusty's hd trac bar and frame mount witha front 44 and 37" boggers...... Oh and beat the piss out of it. I know there are a bunch of people that run them with no problems.

forgot to add, i have been running it for almost 3 years now.

Last edited:
I bent mine after 3 years and after a phone call Rusty overnighted one to me so I could make my Moab trip for free. The new one was way thicker and looks way stronger then the one I bent. Since then I have had no problems.

I ran the RK bar and bracket until I went with a straight track bar. Rock Krawler makes a very good inexpensive bar with bracket. I'd sell you the bar without the bracket.....:D

lowrange2 said:
lol I was about to say that I have a Rusty's tracbar with out the mount for sale as well.

Whoa! I don't have Rusty's bar. It's the Rock Krawler for 6"+ lift.

Who would re-sell one of those?

Any trackbar that uses a TRE is a bad investment.The movement is in the wrong "plane" for max lift/flex.About 6 years ago(before NAXJA did their big re-format and there was only like 200 people here) I posted about possibly rotating the frame mount 90* so the TRE could just pivot around the joint vs flexing the joint.Thats still the problem I have with the JKS bar (plus its in single shear).Go with RE,TNT,or Kevin's!

I have the TnT kit and it is awsome and super beefy, they do have a little problem with good customer service but i still like their products.

let me guess Bob from TnT? erin is good though! I have had me rustys (HD frame mount and brace) for two yeahs and it just now started giving me problems when i installed my TnT Y-Link. i think it too short

Back