• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does this sound fixable

kdailey4315 said:
I'm looking at this Jeep on EBAY. What are your opinions on this? I can get a parts Jeep for really cheap. Do you think that fixing this is really going to be as easy as this guy "claims" it is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LO-M...oryZ6281QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Yes that doesn't look bad at all to me. I would think it would just be easier to get a new front axle though. I wouldn't try to fix the old one, but that's just me. Other than that it looks like an awesome Jeep though. If I were closer, I'd consider it.

I would say yes, simply b/c I bought one a few months back that had taken the ditch and bent the ears on the lca mounts on the D30. I took a D30 from the salvage yard ($150) and I already had the steering linkage that mine needed from a previous upgrade. Mine also had a bent set of conttrol arms on the passenger side, but I had a set of stockers laying around from a previous build. I had to put on a header panel, fender, grill and bezels and makrer lamp. I also had to put in a radiator and condensor and serp belt. I shopped around on ebay and my local yards and I had less then $1000 in repairs finished and painted. I used aftermarket parts and they are not near teh quality of OEM parts, but I was just putting it back together for a DD to commute with. The airbags are about the most expensive item, and since this guy is supplying one of them along with the module, your already saving money. My $.02

if you don't have access to a welder, you can always get a new front axle from a junkyard and upgrade at the same time. the 2000 is a low pinion dana 30, and you can get a slightly older XJ high pinion dana 30 for about $100-150 and just swap it. BUT........make sure they have the same gears. otherwise it'll get very expensive.

or if you have a good welder and welding skills, or a friend with a good welder, then you can call tnt customs and get their lower control arm brackets (they are very beefy, and cheaper than some of the other brands). cut off the bend factory bracket and weld the new brackets on then take it for an alignment.

i just installed a set of tnt control arm brackets on mine and love them. very beefy.

Back