• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wierd noise

cjsxj87

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 XJ 4.0 ax-15 and when idling at a stop light or in my driveway there is a humming/ cutting noise its hard to explain coming from under the hood from what sounds like that passengers side kinda near the ac compresser its only when im idling. I was wondering if anybody has an idea to what it is?
Caleb

i have the same noise (i think) that happens when i have the air or A/C going. so i know mine is from the a/c/ventilation system. if your's is present without the above situation- my guess is that it's not the same as mine.

88xjchief said:
If its when the heat is on it might be bad bearings in the compressor. Pull the belt and check all the pullys for play.

If your compressor is running when the heat is on, you have more problems then bad bearings in the compressor...

JNickel101 said:
If your compressor is running when the heat is on, you have more problems then bad bearings in the compressor...
Not true. Some vehicles run the ac to dry the air even when its not on ac mode.

88xjchief said:
Not true. Some vehicles run the ac to dry the air even when its not on ac mode.

Some vehicles...but AFAIK, the AC will only run 2 times with a jeep - AC and Defrost. Not with just the heat on.

You telling me that vehicles with no AC also have no heat?

Back