• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mud+3' Water+360s=Stall

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
Since The Rain In Cali Last Week Ive Been In The Deep Puddles Everyday Since. Ive Had Water Inside The Hood And Ive Gone Fast Enough To Get It On The Roof Around 25-40MPH. Now All The Sudden Im Stall If I See Water On The Roof Of My XJ Any Ideas?

'87 XJ 2.5" Lift On 31x10.50s If AnyMore Info Needed Let Me Know.

How Would I Keep These Areas Dry The Next Time I Go Out? Rubber Seals, RTV, Weld A Cover Plate Together...?

How And Where Do I Need To Install A Vent?

No, there is already one there. What I meant was you cannot seal it entirely.....you can seal the base.....then open up the "stock" vent and put a sealed fitting there, with perhaps a hose up to the firewall.

It'd be sealed and the extended line for the vent would allow you to watercross and not get any water inside of the cap.

Make sense?

I had a toyota with a rubber boot that snapped around the dist cap. You might look in the local salvage yard and see if you can find one and make it fit (the yota was an 86 SR5).
Good Luck

if it starts to run way crappy you might have knocked out the throttle position sensor too. did that on mine blastin thru creeks, and couldnt get over 50 on the downhill stretches of the interstate.

Out Of Curiousity How Would Splasher Guards Help If Im Sumburged Water To The Point Where It Comes In My Door Through The Weathered Weather-Stripping? Its Not My TPS...I Changed It A Few Months Ago Due To Me Gettin Water In It Tryin To Hunt Down An Oil Leak I Never Found, And I Have No Problems With Funny Idles, Shiftin Gear, Etc. As For Settin Up The Vent On The Dis Cap Will Have To Wait After The Naxja Party And Schools Out Saturday For Weldin Classes So Ill Have Time Then For Playin With It (Gotta Study For Finals.)

As For My Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word Ive Done I The Last 3Years Playin Warcraft 2 Blowin People Away Doin It In The Middle Of Games And Such :yelclap:

RªMB° said:
Out Of Curiousity

As For My Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word Ive Done I The Last 3Years Playin Warcraft 2 Blowin People Away Doin It In The Middle Of Games And Such :yelclap:

out of curiosity, why do you continue to type that way on a forum? its annoying

Besides My Fixin Dist Cap Vents Is There Other Ways To Prevent This From Goin On Again. Next Year After I Start Weldin Pipe I Wanna Go With The SoCal Guys On Trips, But Dont Wanna Be Embarrassed Due To Stallin While Fording Water Ways.:bs:

As For My Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word Ive Done I The Last 3Years Playin Warcraft 2 Blowin People Away Doin It In The Middle Of Games And Such

south park has already said what I was going to say about world of warcraft

...lastara

No Not World Or Warcraft I Played Warcraft 2 It Out Years Before World Of Warcraft. Warcraft 2= RTS World Of Warcraft= MMORPG

Back