• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sub Noise?

Cody_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there, im currently running a 15 kicker in a sealed bassworx bbox powered by a 250d directed amp.. I recently took the amp out and put it back in today but now has started this low frequence hum.. When i turn my truck on its like it is a power surge and pops the woofer , when i put my window up it also pops the woofer. Help me out here guys i am kind of a nooob:cheers:

might need to cut new exposed wires to clamp into amp

thats what i did and that pop when i opened my door went away.

Make sure the remote turnon is ran to the radio...not just a random switched wire. Other than that you can just make sure that all your connections are made well...

make sure you have a good ground, if its the ground you have been using for a while double check it. same thing happened in my buds chevy.

i also hear that you should run the rca's on one side of the rig and the power down the other side to cut down on some kind of noise feed back, i think its a load of bs though, i just run them apart a little bit and have no problems

I am willing to bet the problem is in the RCA cables. Check for any exposed wire on them touching the body or any where they are grounding to the frame. If that doesnt fix the problem, check your ground wire and use the shortest and biggest ground wire you can use on the amp.

I used to have the same problem, but it was because my CB wires somehow became crossed with the wires going into the sub. Both sounded like crap.

Pulled the sub out and rewired it and its been fine ever since.

i dont think it is the rca's because everything worked fine before the amp was taken out.. when it warms up here in manitoba ill go look at all my connections again.

Back