• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep wont start

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
this morning I woke up to go to school, Jeep wouldnt start, so I used a Buddies wrangler. come home to try and figure it out, and im clueless. ive allready bypassed the nss, and it has worked for months like that. but all of a sudden it wont start. battery's good. maybe my starter??

any help would be appricieted.

check your battery terminals, for corrosion or a loose connection. This happened in my jeep. I put the key in and when I turned the key on the fuel pump would prime and when I went to turn it over it did nothing. Ended up getting new terminals and no problem since.

norcalchris said:
i tried banging it around, but no one was turning the key. say i do get help, and it turns over after that, what does that mean?..does that mean i need a new starter??

Yep. Banging on it will work for a while if it's not too far gone but takes two people turning the key and hitting it at the same time....., if that does work it probably wont last too much longer. You can take it out and have it tested to see if its good or not, then you'll know for sure if its the starter or not.

X 2 on the battery terminals, had that problem before...

Back