• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
Any ideas on who would carry ACDelco? Need one for my 93GC (4.0, so tech is all the same). I've interwebbed all the local chains (AZ,AA,NAPA) Carquest didn't have an online catalogue. Haven't tried the local machie shop (kinda figured they would be on the pricey side). Current pump is on last leg.

Walbro fuel pump

I bought at Rockauto a new ACdelco fuel pump for my cherokee xj 1998. I ordered an ACDelco fuel pump (model EP2076) and they send me a Walbro pump GSS310 10707-1. They have ACDelco pump but they send another.

I heard that Walbro is a good brand but i´m not sure that is the correct model to my cherokee. Anybody know if this one will fits in my cherokee?
I try to find at the internet but i couldn´t find.

thank you.

I recommend buy the assembly which is 20 dollars cheaper than napa at Chrysler Parts Direct. Sending unit, pump, and strainer. If you do the rebuild get the new strainer, the old one will be brown:)Also the rubber seal for the tankk I'm running the Napa unit, same part number as stock. i ran the last pump empty alot. It went out after I had just filled up from being on \E . side mount on the gas tank made changing it fun. in the gas station parking lot :D .

RyanM said:
I recommend buy the assembly which is 20 dollars cheaper than napa at Chrysler Parts Direct. Sending unit, pump, and strainer. If you do the rebuild get the new strainer, the old one will be brown:)Also the rubber seal for the tankk I'm running the Napa unit, same part number as stock. i ran the last pump empty alot. It went out after I had just filled up from being on \E . side mount on the gas tank made changing it fun. in the gas station parking lot :D .
Just curious, how long have you been running on the new pump? Did it come with a new tank seal? What was the turn-around time?

About 20,000 miles on the new unit. ~2 years. It had Chrysler stamped on the pump and as the OEM did, although It was Napa. Dealer wanted something like 450. It came with the ring. Napa had it in stock and it took about an hour to complete. If your lucky it's not on top of the tank like wranglers..... Mine's side mounted and the lift let me change it sitting on my ass with a bucket catching the excess gas. Tape your flat screwdriver before you try to un-seal the mechanism to prevent sparkage.

RyanM said:
About 20,000 miles on the new unit. ~2 years. It had Chrysler stamped on the pump and as the OEM did, although It was Napa. Dealer wanted something like 450. It came with the ring. Napa had it in stock and it took about an hour to complete. If your lucky it's not on top of the tank like wranglers..... Mine's side mounted and the lift let me change it sitting on my ass with a bucket catching the excess gas. Tape your flat screwdriver before you try to un-seal the mechanism to prevent sparkage.
Thanks!

I have understood that the OEM pump, for my '99, is of Bosch manufacture.... Is that not correct??

XpedientJ said:
I have understood that the OEM pump, for my '99, is of Bosch manufacture.... Is that not correct??
Couldn't tell ya. Was just advised to get ACDelco for replacement.

You DID say GC (ZJ), right? You will have to drop the tank, as the pump is on the top. Also, is the tank steel or plastic? I went through dealing with a plastic tank on our '98, as I found out the gasoline was dissolving the tank, and clogging a burning up the pump.

Have you checked autozone, or the CSK line (cskauto.com) They're usually pretty cheap, if you can wait, think someone mentioned rockauto.com, they're usually cheaper.

Pep Boys too, not sure whats in GA.

RyanM said:
cheap=cheap.

get the OEM Chrysler parts.

I agree, the $450.00 Bosch pump assembly Chrysler offers has to be better than the $275.00 Bosch pump assembly available from Partsamerica.com-- it's more expensive! Just kidding, but I really can't believe Bosch would make two identical assemblies with inferior parts in one and the "good stuff" in another. I've used the Bosch products for years and rarely (never that I can recall) had any problems with them. I do agree that you are better off avoiding the cheaper "house brand" fuel delivery products, as you never really know where they are manufactured and to what tolerances.

--Shorty

Back