• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going coil!!!!

Deano

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to coils in the rear I have reinforced the "frame rails" and installed custom buckets, but now I dont know what coils to use and spring rate. I am running 6.5 lift in front and 35" tires. Any help????

Pic's of your set up? If you buckets are mounted like Clayton, on the rail, not under the rail, you can use stock front xj coils and that should put you around 6.5" in the rear.

Pics soon to come and with the four link set up. I have my buckets under th rails I did this cause I am still useing the D35. How i have it, it will be easy to move out when I put the D44 or 8.8 in. Stock springs.... Huh that may just work....

Stock rear ZJ coils will be a softer spring rate than XJ front coils, which is what you want. Front coils could be too stiff for the rear.

IIRC Clayton's 6.5 kit used to come wiht 2 coils, and the front s were put in the rear. If the jeep is old, the stock coils should be fine and soft IMO, unless you chopped out the back and have NO weight.

THIS rig is running, what I am saying. I know of a guy running TJ front springs. He likes it, never wheeled with em.
159-1.jpg
159-2.jpg

Deano said:
What lift did he get and were they mounted outside rail or on the rail?
He didn't get a lift. If height is what you are saying, I wanna say 7 inches. with 39s. Under frame.. Search his name.

Back