• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power windows and Locks Problems - Pre 97

BloodRed

NAXJA Forum User
I am having some problems with my power windows and locks on my 94 XJ. Everything seems to work ok in the front doors, but not the back doors. The windows on the rear doors will not go down unless you put them down with the drivers side front controls. They act like they have the window lock turn on but it is not. Also a lot of the time I have problem unlocking the doors in the rear when I hit the unlock button. You can see the lock button start to move but it only goes about half way and stops on each of the rear doors. I have seen the fix for the window problems for the 97+ XJ's but not much on the pre 97 XJ's. Any help where to start looking?

My 96 was doing the same I cleaned them up with brake cleaner and relubed them. Do not get brake cleaner on the solenoids!!!!!. Ask me how I know.
:doh:

I had magic smoke come from a coil that was bad and flamed my wiring harness for the back door lol. I did not notice the bare wires by the coil area and the brake fluid completed the circuit then POOFF magic smoke and no hair on one hand trying to pat it out lol
:firedevil :firedevil

Back