• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Tweeters

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can get replacement speakers for the factory tweeters by the side view mirrors. Mine are blown. Also when installing 6.5" speakers do you just drill self tapping screws through the holes in the speakers into your door?

I put aftermarket infinity component speakers in my front door and all did was pry the grill off the aftermarket infinity tweeter and they fit near perfectly

kdailey4315 said:
Anyone know where I can get replacement speakers for the factory tweeters by the side view mirrors. Mine are blown. Also when installing 6.5" speakers do you just drill self tapping screws through the holes in the speakers into your door?

The dealer is the only place you can get those. And they are about $90 a piece. So you might want to try the aforementioned route.

The factory tweeters are beyond junk, they are made of foam!! I would look for aftermarket speakers, alot cheaper than going to a dealer for parts.

To add to the comment about factory tweeters being junk I have the factory infinity sound system in my 97 XJ and I had blown the front woofers and since the woofers up front and the speakers in the back are the same size I just bought regular aftermarket infinity speakers to replace the front woofers for the time being because I didnt have enough money to through down on the components just yet. So essentially I had dual tweeters up front, the factory ones and the ones that come on the aftermarket infinity speakers. After I finally put the component speakers up front adn moved the regular speakers in the back I cannot describe to you how much better the aftermarket component speakers are. It seriously is like night and day.

Back