• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft question.

go4wheeling

NAXJA Forum User
I have a CV drive shaft that I got off of my buddy and I need to know if I am going to need to get it lengthened before I lift my XJ. I am doing a 6 inch lift and I have a Cryo 8.25 with auto trans and np 231. Does any one have a length for this set up.

Well, better yet, tell us what the CV drive shaft is off of - is it a front DS from an 89-01 XJ w/ auto tranny?

JNickel101 said:
Well, better yet, tell us what the CV drive shaft is off of - is it a front DS from an 89-01 XJ w/ auto tranny?

The drive shaft is off of an 89 cherokee with 4.5 inch of lift with ax15/np231. I beleive the ax 15 is shorter then the AW4 which I think would help in my case.

1sickhick said:
Get a tapemesure and mesure from center of yoke to yoke.Or center of u-joint to u-joint..:cool:

I know how to do that. I did not lift my vehicle yet so the length is going to a bit longer then it is now. I want to have this shaft ready when I lift it. I could probably get a straight edge and measure 6 inches higher and then get my length off of that. I was just trying to get an answer without crawling under my jeep.

No, the longest XJ front DS actually comes from an 89-01 AW4 equipped model...

JNickel101 said:
No, the longest XJ front DS actually comes from an 89-01 AW4 equipped model...

The shaft that he gave me was a tom woods for 4.5 of lift. Sorry, I didn't say that earlier. I will figure it out today when I go to lift my jeep.

Hope it works out for you.....there's no telling what length it is, since its custom....

Back