• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header ???

gigage

NAXJA Forum User
Changing out my leaking exhaust manifold, I've got a 90 Cherokee Pioneer 4.0. What recommendations can I get from you guys for replacing it with a header? What header would give me longer life, better performance, and a good sound. Mid-range price. Thanks in advance.

be patient some of the nuts can be a real pain to get at. as far as header idk i replaced mine with a stocker.

I just finished changing mine. Be patient with the O2 sensor as well. You may also want to double check your down pipe- the pipe may be okay, but check the bolts and the other stuff that is usually problematic. My 91 was a bit of a pain. I used a stainless manifold from 1A Auto in MA- it's not a "header" per se due to the flex points in two of the tubes, but it beats a cracked header down the line. Try this one out for comparison; mine fit perfect. www.1aauto.com

1AEEK00039.jpg

Anybody run a Hooker Header on a 4.0L? I have a new one coming. Couldn't beat the price.

Actually, the part I left out is the fact that I am going to have my local 4x4 shop do the work. Just getting opinions on the header of choice. I would do it myself but, I don't wanna. That's the percs of working hard for 35 years, now on some things that I just don't or can't do I get someone else to do it. I appreciate the input, XJ92, I live in Texas now but But I grew up down in the Globe/Miami area. I hope to have the cherokee ready by Spring to come back out there and do some wheeling. Need to make a trip back east as well.

Anyway, any more suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Seems like what I am finding are headers built for everything 91 and up. Is there any differance, and have they done any better with stock exhausts?

rustys offroad advertises a Flowdaddy header that says it fits the 90, looked like itd be good. to bad borla doesnt make one for the 90- they actually didnt make one for only the 90 cuz i couldve gotten one for my 89! why is that?

Back