• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

76 F250 D44 Front

waxer

JEEP APPRENTICE
Staff member
NAXJA Member
I have the chance to purchase one of these locally.

It's currently an 8 lug, and I'm wondering if it's easily swappable to change it to a 5 on 5.5 pattern with a hub change, and if so, which donor vehicle would have that pattern for the 44.

Thanks in advance.

Same year F150 would have pattern and disc brakes. Older trucks have drum fronts. :-(

Cool.

I haven't seen this axle yet. Waiting on pics. But does anyone know offhand if this is a high pinion or low pinion front?

waxer said:
Cool.

I haven't seen this axle yet. Waiting on pics. But does anyone know offhand if this is a high pinion or low pinion front?
My notes from when I was looking for a D44 front before I found my D60:
I believe that all F250's had a low pinion Dana 44 until 1977.5, and they also had closed knuckles (yuck) until 75 or very early 76. My hunt was down to 1977.5-1979 F250s or F150s with the "Super Cab" option (that will get you F100/150 the 5 on 5.5" pattern). I got very lucky stumbled on a '79 D44 and a '79 D60, kept the D60 and sold the D44.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
It does actually. I'll wait for the pics and if it's a closed knuckle version then I'm definitely out.

I'd prefer a high pinion, so we'll see what the pics show.

Thanks

Back