• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 High and Low beam together?

MOSSGREENMACHINE

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone how to get the high and lows to come on at the same time, I have seen a mod for this available for other vehicles , but not sure if anyone has done it. It would be nice to have the extra output.

MOSSGREENMACHINE said:
Does anyone how to get the high and lows to come on at the same time, I have seen a mod for this available for other vehicles , but not sure if anyone has done it. It would be nice to have the extra output.

This is a good one for FitchVA, if any one would know he would. PM him and see.

You would just have to install a relay, controlled by the high beams that turns the low beams on with them. You would also have to use a diode, on the wire tied into the low beams, to keep the high beams from coming on with the lows.

You can do it, but there's no real reason to (and you'll probably end up going through bulbs like popcorn, since they'd get far too hot anyhow...)

If you want more light, consider adding driving lamps or fog lamps (clear for additional close-in light, amber for actual fog/rain/snow) instead.

x2

You can also do this by holding in on the indicator stick to get the highs and lows on at the same time!! That gets boring real fast.

But look into wiring in some accessory lights, it's a breeze, and it's worth it.

Kyle Horvath said:
x2

You can also do this by holding in on the indicator stick to get the highs and lows on at the same time!! That gets boring real fast.

But look into wiring in some accessory lights, it's a breeze, and it's worth it.

I agree, holding the indicator does get old, I do have 4 X 6 Aux lights up front but they're not highway legal here in MN so I would rather keep the covers on them, having both high and low on have proven effective in battling the damn deer that like to be on the road.

Like 5-90 said, you're gonna burn your headlamps up pretty quickly if you do this.

The conversion kits you probably saw were for vehicles with the 4-headlamp setup (separate headlamp for low and high beams), such as on full-size Chevy trucks.

Back