• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust conversion

Devilfrog

NAXJA Forum User
Searched but couldn't really find any help here. so ...
the deal - I am the owner of a 2000XJ with the classic Cracked hed (between 3/4). I have a deceent replacement from a '93HO (7120 casting) ... I picked up the head w/ VC, intake, exhaust manifold (cracked in three places), and a new battery for $60 ... now the question is ... how the convert the factory pipes to the '93 outlet. Does anyone make a header for the '2000's?
my factory cast manifolds' outlet configuration looks like this style http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/images/product_images/images/borla/BORLA6CYLHEADER.jpg
should I go with the '93 style header and convert my dual pipes to the single? they just Y into one below the oil pan anyway. this is a Canadian model with only one O2 sensor below the Y infront of the cat and a second behind so no pre-cats or dual head pipe sensor business.
Thanks for any help or advice.

Last edited:
i have a 2000 as well, and when i changed to a 99 engine my exhaust manifold didnt match up. The problem is the 2000 head has smaller intake and exhaust ports so the manifold is sized to match. When you mate that intake manifold to a later head, the exhaust and intake ports are larger on the head. There is a member who sells a conversion plate to continue to use your stock exhaust, the option im taking is a pacesetter header which includes the downpipe all the way to the cat, i've priced it around $230.00 and seems to be the best option for the situation with price in mind. A local shop wanted a pretty hefty fee to make me a new downpipe to fit a later header! Good luck.

I just had to replace my head on my 01 but i got a newer 0331 head. I got an APN header for it welded some o2 bungs to it and had to make a custom pipe from the header to the stock exhaust. Still workin on the downstream o2 sensors, welded some bungs behind the main cat but i have yet to lengthen the wire to connect them up yet, runs good just got to get rid of the check engine light.

Back