• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slow server tonight?

I noticed this yesterday. Not sure what the deal is.

I had several page timed outs.

Oh well... we need more paying members. The guys that run this thing are completely volunteer but I am sure it takes a ton of time.

I'm having the same problem. Don't know if it's related but one of my posts got posted up about 7 times too...good to know it's not just me though.:badpc:

you just noticed it tonight rick? man, im a post whore, its been like this for 2 weeks :D

its gotten so bad i copy n paste my replys before i hit submit, just in case it locks up haha

I have gotten multiple database errors. Has anybody else seen a ton of multiple posts showing up. It is like the poster saved the same post a half dozen times.

old_man said:
I have gotten multiple database errors. Has anybody else seen a ton of multiple posts showing up. It is like the poster saved the same post a half dozen times.

Yes, and i've seen at least half a dozen where the posts would be progressively more complete until it was a full post - like every 3-4 letters the server would post it.

Heh, it's not only me. So, how long until this thread disappears?? :)

We saw similar issues a couple of years ago. The database was getting corrupted. I don't think it is hardware related. We are on different hardware now and the hardware has been upgraded. I guess is that there is more than likely a memory leak in the forum software that does not show itself for most forums, but with the large amount of traffic NAXJA generates, rears its head every once i a while.

The admins are doing a good job trying to stay ahead of it and figure it out. These problems can be a real pain to diagnose so bear with them. .

Back