• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-22 Recall (Cat. insp. & a reflash)

Xtreme XJ

NAXJA Member #1138
NAXJA Member
Who's had it done.... How did it turn out? Any horror stories.
Thanks for any thoughts or experiences.

Curt

I havent had it done yet but Im thinking about it just so I can get a new cat. I need to get a new exhaust soon and I hate to bolt a new exhaust up to my old cat. I also hate to buy a new cat if Jeep will give me one.
Sorry for leaching onto your thread but I wonder if I can just take my Jeep in and walk out with a new cat in hand or must they install it?

Yeah i had this inspection done on my '96 and nothing happened. Still have the same cat, and i wanted a new one..... It seemed like a waste of time, what ev.

Renegade said:
Yeah i had this inspection done on my '96 and nothing happened. Still have the same cat, and i wanted a new one..... It seemed like a waste of time, what ev.

Well that's the MOST positive thing I've heard yet.... everything I've read has been negative.

Thanks...
Curt

I had it done-No problems. I had already replaced the cat myself (Chry will reimburse you) and wasn,t going to do the re-flash.Until I got another notice from Chrysler saying they were going to put it on an emessions list and that would make registration difficult in areas with emessions testing.
Wayne

I had it done on my '96 just to get a new cat because my old one was making a lot of rattleing noise. They reprogrammed the computer and about a month later i got the new cat because they said they were backordered. It went pretty smooth and i got a free part. The only problem was that they hung the exahust kind of funny and the tailpipe was banging on the gas tank, so i had to fix it.

megabyte5689 said:
what recall, I have a 90, does it apply to me?

I don't believe so....

Well it's good to hear some positive.... It'll be done tomorrow.....

Thanks....
Curt

got mine done a couple weeks ago. took the stealership 11 months to get mine in. yes 11 -eleven- months. they put on the newer style 'round' cat. there's not even 1/2 inch clearance betwen it and the underside of the Jeep- no heat shield- guess I'll have to come up with something. they pulled a wire out of my starter solenoid in the process. when I went to pick it up, no start. of course it was on a friday afternoon, mechanics gone until monday morning. so a 2 hour job left me without my jeep for 4 days. now my exhaust rattles against my leaf pack. -I still haven't recieved my 'comment card' from Chrysler about my service.

Got my '96 done earlier this year.

The cat was rattling real bad, so I got the flash done and free cat.

All free except that the mechanic claimed my O2 sensor was stripped and I had to buy a new one through them... (figures)

I brought my 96 to the stealership in july, got on the waiting list and one week later they called me, so i brought it in at noon they replaced the cat with a smaller much more shiny one and it was done by three with no charges, I have not noticed any difference from the reflash.They also boxed up the old cat for some reason and put it in my rear hatch, I sold it on ebay for scrap and got $100 for it, What a deal!!!
:patriot:

Well so far so good (only a few mile so far)....
I've got my eyes... fingers... toes and everything else crossed in hopes that no problems will arise.

Thanks for the posts.....

Curt

I want to say it's OBD II rigs.... mid. 90s on ??? Haven't see any older rig posts.... just mid. 90's and newer.
Odd $hIt I just "googled" it and found this thread from late last year.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97001
When I searched for it (3 or 4 times) I got nothing...... hmmm.

Check the linked thread.

Curt

Back