• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scored a '87!

rcpilot92

NAXJA Forum User
Well I scored a '87 4dr this week from a guy I used wheel Blazers with, he did'nt have room for it and just wanted his money out of the tires...

It has the factory tow package which in this case HAS the D44 :party:

It has 180,000, AW4, 3" ProComp lift, flowmatser cat back, Optima battery and 30" muds on it... He was driving it back home from Sacramento recently, parked it and the next day it would'nt start... he charged the optima, lights and all worked but no click or crank...we're thinking cable or starter.. in any case I got it for $500 :D Here's a pic. Now the build up starts :cheers:
jeep_001_181.jpg

I'll be getting my NAXJA membership this weekend!

Congrats! Heckuva deal! The axle, battery,lift, & tires are worth more than you paid for the entire vehicle!

Good luck!

88trailcrawler said:
Nice platform to start with. 4.0?
Yes it has the 4.0..

The owner could'nt find the tow bar I'm going to re-install one when I get a bumper made so I can flat tow behind my Titan! Like rpraterxj stated, the godies are well worth more than I paid, the good thing is I've wheeled with the owner and this Jeep was his brothers years ago, so the history is there and only advertised it to our club members, so I know he has'nt lied about anything...

Well it turned out to be a loose ground cable!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Can't wait to start working on it....

rcpilot92 said:
Well it turned out to be a loose ground cable!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Can't wait to start working on it....
just a heads up there are so many stupid little issues on the renix xj's fixed by a good battery or a good ground that Ive actually seen people give up on thier jeep and sell it really cheap thinking the tranny was bad or the pcm was bad and all they needed was to charge the battery fully

aparke4 said:
that is a killer deal congrats! - what are the plans?

YJ front shafts, superior or similiar rear axle shafts, Aussie front and rear, cage, custom front/rear bumpers, YJ front flares w/ trimming...and most likely a lift upgrade (4.5 or so) to clear 32's or 33's along with the driveline upgrades needed with that lift. The immediate plans are to go over it and check everything out, and get out there ans wheel!!

that sounds good - great choice too with the aussies - a lot of bang for yuor buck and with 32-33 and about 5 inches of lift thats going to be a great rig for under - what- 4.5k with tires? cool!

rcpilot92 said:
YJ front shafts, superior or similiar rear axle shafts, Aussie front and rear, cage, custom front/rear bumpers, YJ front flares w/ trimming...and most likely a lift upgrade (4.5 or so) to clear 32's or 33's along with the driveline upgrades needed with that lift. The immediate plans are to go over it and check everything out, and get out there ans wheel!!

Oops, meant TJ front shafts

Back