• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed and such

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I just realized something that I think needs to be addressed: couple times a topic of jeepspeed and other activities on chapter level came up and it concerns me a bit. BOD is here to help coordinate the beaurocratic part of the club: donations, shirts, adopt a trail and so on. The actual spontanic runs are and should be member driven. As a chapter we have never been jeepspeed friendly or unfriendly: jeepspeed is there just cause it relates to jeeps. It is a part of us just like rockcrawling is as well as regular street driving. Also fairly often we have couple members that are involved in jeepspeed post up their pics or info about the events and I actually even drove up to one of the races by barstow and had a blast (but that's neither here nor there ;) ). Anyways, if folks wanna go race in the desert, go race in the desert. If you want to bend sheet metal on racks, go do that :D The actual activities are all up to you ;)

What am I getting at? Member involvement: this is what chapters and clubs are about. I coordinate 2 rather big unoficial events a year and work with someone on coordinating one official. I might have couple runs going throughout the year, but that's usually last minute thing. I will help anyone plan or coordinate an event: all you have to do is ask. As a chapter we own spill kits and if someone wants to borrow one for a bigger event, give me a holler: I got one of them @ my place and I believe either Dan or Ron have the other one. Post up, gimme a holler and we can arrange for you to pick one up and the only rule is: replace what you use ;)

tgregg said:
I just love building, maintaining, and driving my Jeeps.
I think you kind of summarized what this site is all about. People just get somehow stuck in the "oh it's an rock crawlers" place.... well it's not. It happens that quite a few folks enjoy that but there is room for all aspects of XJ/MJ fascination.

I think what makes people think its a "Rock Crawler Site" is that even though this site may be for XJ's and all they can do. I see Tony (TCM GLX), Mike (Grimmjeeper), myself and a few others who like the go fast stuff out trying Big Bear or Cleghorn but you don't see too many people come out and hang at Azusa or Jeepspeed because its not rock crawling. Hell, half you guys laugh at Azusa and Cleghorn because its not really tough. But at least we drive our jeeps off road almost every other weekend.

silverslk said:
I think what makes people think its a "Rock Crawler Site" is that even though this site may be for XJ's and all they can do. I see Tony (TCM GLX), Mike (Grimmjeeper), myself and a few others who like the go fast stuff out trying Big Bear or Cleghorn but you don't see too many people come out and hang at Azusa or Jeepspeed because its not rock crawling. Hell, half you guys laugh at Azusa and Cleghorn because its not really tough. But at least we drive our jeeps off road almost every other weekend.
I think you've missed my point a bit. Fact that folks don't try out the azusa or other go fast places has nothing to do with anything. For one, I hate mud. I will look at videos, I'll watch jeepspeed races in person when I have the time, but I will not participate in go fast activities: they are just not my cup of tea.

Anyways, idea is that if you post your pics and vids and talk about going fast it might spark an interest in others and make them want to try it. If it does not, well, nothing you can do to force them....

Kejtar said:
I'll watch jeepspeed races in person when I have the time, but I will not participate in go fast activities: they are just not my cup of tea.

that and your rig simply wont go fast enough :)

I dig both rock crawling and JeepSpeed stuff. I havent been to Azuza yet because I dont like mud and having to clean it out but would go out to watch others get stuck.

So how many of you "Jeepspeed" guys are coming out for Rockin XJ Jamboree?

Run one of the courses or grab a video camera and head to the Wall.

My first car was a VW Baja Bug, going out and watching the SCORE races at Barstow and Las Vegas.

My XJ is multi-purpose, geocaching, watching the races, crawling, camping exploring.

They're all my cup of tea.

karstic said:

My first car was a VW Baja Bug, going out and watching the SCORE races at Barstow and Las Vegas.

My XJ is multi-purpose, geocaching, watching the races, crawling, camping exploring.

My no rock rail having ass (us "Jeepspeed" guys don't need them, haha) was gonna try to come out but I am leaving friday after work to Oklahoma to see family for the holidays. Hope you guys have

Can someone delete all but one of those posts? I didn't click refresh or post reply a bunch of times so I don't know what happened. It did take over a minute to show the next page though so something happened.

SORRY

karstic said:

Ok, I'll be there. Driver Jeepspeed 1710, which many of your members help support our team . We really value your guys support and freindship. thanks all. Will be leaving fri after work guys.

I'm down for all of it.

I just wish I had the ability/money/time to get to more things

karstic said:

I will be there and while my jeep is a crawler I think Ive proven Im not afraid to join in the go fast stuff (even downsized my tires for better go fast gearing)and I plan on hitting the wall as hard as my little 4.2 powered YJ can, carnage be damned!!!

Last edited:
Here is some of my stuff :

almost ate it on this one

This is the in car of the pic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBl32xfVPjY
jump_sequence.jpg

This is us playin on my boss's property in chino hills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4OMj83S-k0

rick_1710 said:
karstic said:

Ok, I'll be there. Driver Jeepspeed 1710, which many of your members help support our team . We really value your guys support and freindship. thanks all. Will be leaving fri after work guys.
Hey rick can we take the fun toy out and play :)

still looking for a trans and or a shop that wants to play with us. NO! Would like to though. will have my 93 out there hope we don't have to go backwards.

Back