• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Kit - Brake Line Question

boomer1

NAXJA Forum User
Been working all day changing out a rear axle. Have a 4.5" RE lift on the rear and since it's all tore apart - need to see if someone can help with a question.

The rear rubber section of brake line that runs from the unibody frame, down to the axle is streched pretty tight. On one end, on the axle, is a block with the two hard lines going to each hub. On the other end, on the unibody, is a bracket with a single hard line connected.

Is there anyway to get a longer rubber line. Any lines off some other model of jeep longer and still hook up to the factory hard lines? Or can I just go to the parts store and ask for a longer one?

Going to hit the parts store tommorrow and hopefully get this thing done and back on the road.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can use a 95 or earlier YJ rear line or get an extended line from a company like Rubicon Express.

you can also find a brake line shop / aircraft surplus shop and have them make you one. I got all three of my softlines make for $50 and theyre braided stainless steel...

as oppsed to like RE where each line is like $80 bucks or something ridiculous.

Back