• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noise in front end????

XJ-2K

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I own a 2000 XJ. It has a 6" lift with 35's and a lockrite locker in the front D30. Just a week ago, i have noticed a noise in the front end somewhere and I cant figure out what it is. At low speeds (0-20) it is a squeeking sound that seems to be turning with the front end. At speeds from 20mph up it sounds like pinging, almost like putting a piece of metal into a metal fan that is rotating. Also when I turn left I hear a clunking noise, I checked the ball joints and there was no play. I was wondering maybe a U Joint? Tie rod ends? Any thoughts are much appreciated! Im about ready to.......:explosion

the metal sound could be the thin metal guards that are on your brake discs, that is a noise that i had ans it was because the metal guard got bent in a bit and was rubbing on the disc

Maybe....Cause I have checked all of the U joints and they seem fine. I even had the ball joints looked at and they were fine too.......weird:wierd:

the clunking around corners is most likely your track bar. Torque down both ends and the bracket that is bolted to the unibody. That noise should disappear. I had a squeek in my xj and it turned out to be the sway bar bushings. Just some things to check out.

Back