• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Defender Bumper

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Was looking at getting this bumper. Anyone have this on their XJ that can post some pics and how you like it?
XJdefender2.jpg

I personally don't like it. I think it's the over complicated hoop design that I don't like.

I'm sure it's just built off the regular bumper.
The fit and finish will be nice, the mounting holes will line up.
On my stage 2 with the smaller hoop the hoop is about 1/4" from the grill, I imagine that the larger hoop is in about the same position.

I keep seeing a 97+ driving around going into my school lot, I finally stopped one time on my way back from class and I looked at the bumper and I think it was this bumper. It didn't look too bad in person, a lot better than that picture. I think the fact that the bumper is gray and that XJ has the wider TJ flares makes it look strange.

I want to buy this bumper as soon as I save up the money. It looks like it would be an adequate, if not great, deer killer. I've only heard good things about JCR.

Buy the tie in brackets too.

Cherokeekid88 said:
I think im gonna go for it and get it. Anyone that has delt with JCR, how long after you placed your order did you receive the bumper?
you should get it in a few weeks.
a week just for te ground shipping probably.

JCR makes good stuff.

The Defender bumper is not my cup of tea, coffee, or juice.
I'm sure it will hold up just fine, it's just lacking in the aesthetics department in my opinion.

Hale

Back