• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My body ROTTED, Engine Swap Questions

NHxj4x4

NAXJA Member #1132
OK, tried this in OEM and no one knew, so I will pose the same question here. I have a 93 XJ with a 4.6L Stroker already installed, good axels, blah blah. My body rotted to the point where I need a new shell. I want to find a body from a 97+ Cherokee and install my engine and other guts into it.

Is there anything that I need to be aware of here other than some new sensors? Can I use all years (97-2001) or do I need to stay away from the distributer-less 2000 and 2001?

I found a NICE 1999 tonight, would that work just fine?

Any help would be great, Thanks!

See that the '99 is distributorless. I thinkk they changed late in the year. I'd swap on the newer belt drive bracketry. Also, there is a temp plug on the driver's side on the '93 block that the 96-99 don't use. I guess just use the sensor there as a plug.
Tom

75SV1 said:
See that the '99 is distributorless. I thinkk they changed late in the year. I'd swap on the newer belt drive bracketry. Also, there is a temp plug on the driver's side on the '93 block that the 96-99 don't use. I guess just use the sensor there as a plug.
Tom

Perhaps they changed mid year cause the 99 I got has the dizzy. Also my block is a 97 based stroker anyway, so I have already gotten past the temp sensor plug thing via a spliced in sensor in the upper coolant line from the Rad. I think I should be good. I'll have a lot of parts to sell as well at the end of this as the 99 that I bought was in great shape and will be sold off bit by bit as my gear goes in there.

Back