• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5L valve cover

psu1984xj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2.5L out of a cherokee. i need a new valve cover for the rebuild. I want to know if there was a difference in the valve cover from an 84' to an 87'. there is about a 30 dollar price difference online. i assume there is some difference, but just wanted to check first to see if anyone had an experience with this.

valve cover

If you go to the eb site, y cherokee. This is located in kenosha wisconsin, but they have a vast asst. of cherokee parts and they are all new, or call 1-262-568-2268 and talk to them and see if they have it, thougght thid would help.
chuck:flamemad: :scottm:

i have an entire motor not sure if it runs that great but if your interested make an offer and you can have all the engine parts accessories and all that jazz under the hood. it is an 84 it turns over but havent messed with it too much there is a big hole in upper radiator hose...didnt want to mess it up . i bought the truck for the doors and tail lights mostly cosmetic stuff. it has a front disconnect dana 30 axle if you want that too.

thanks for the offer, but the cylinders were so tapered i went ahead and bored the block .030 over and got oversized pistons. i'm thinking of just buying an aluminum cover, but haven't found the right price yet.

IIRC the earlier cover had a hole for the crank case air recycling. I retrofitted my '85 to a tbi from an '86 and swapped the valve cover. If the question is what fits, I believe that at least thru '91 will fit on any earlier model. I might have one sitting in the garage that you can have for shipping.

Hoss

Edit. You might think about retrofitting a tbi into your rig. I did everything I could, cam, header, bore, porting and got the most bang when I retrofitted the tbi. That carb is just crap. I wish I could have found a mpi to fit but could never find one in the junkyard. I loved my 4-banger and would still have it but the son drove it through a deep mudhole.

Last edited:
Back