• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eaton E-Locker VS. ARB Air Locker

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone had any experience with the Eaton E-Lockers? Hell they make Detroit's so they know how to make a locker, but I never hear anyone running them. So far I've found them running about $20 more than ARB's, but then you don't have to buy the air compressor, tank, lines, ect.

If you search some more you will find alot of info. The eaton is more of a limited slip and when engaged it is a stronger limited slip.

Stihl029 said:
If you search some more you will find alot of info. The eaton is more of a limited slip and when engaged it is a stronger limited slip.

wrong...... when its locked, its locked. Just like you have spool.

So how do you like 'em? I love the Detroit I have, but I plan on swapping for d44's soon and want to lock it front and rear. Figure I'll E-lock them both, If they are any good.

Yea, I just got though dealing with a short in the ASD switch, caused all sorts of hell, including the alternator not working, had to buy a second battery so I could charge one, while I was using the other until we could track the prob. So now I have an extra battery, planning on running a duel-battery setup, a dead battery in the woods w/ no one to give you a jump sucks.

hot_rod_hooligans said:
Yea, I just got though dealing with a short in the ASD switch, caused all sorts of hell, including the alternator not working, had to buy a second battery so I could charge one, while I was using the other until we could track the prob. So now I have an extra battery, planning on running a duel-battery setup, a dead battery in the woods w/ no one to give you a jump sucks.

dual batteries should be purchased at the same time of the same lot if you can, same model if possible, and same specs

if you have one battery weaker than the other, you will have an overcharge condition on one while trying to bring up the level on the other. if they are the same in almost every way, they will live a long life with each other, and die together. This is of course if they run and charge in parallel like in my diesel

tomcat said:
dual batteries should be purchased at the same time of the same lot if you can, same model if possible, and same specs

if you have one battery weaker than the other, you will have an overcharge condition on one while trying to bring up the level on the other. if they are the same in almost every way, they will live a long life with each other, and die together. This is of course if they run and charge in parallel like in my diesel
that depends on how you run a dual battery setup. if isolated properly I don't believe that you need same batteries for a good setup. Other wise those running one battery for starting and running, and one for deep cycle are outta luck...
nah, you can go with dif batteries, no worries.

like this topic tho, good to know if/when I upgrade axle, or put some money into this turd. Never been big on ARB, granted no experience with anything but lunchbox... but if I was going to start it'd be OX or Eaton.

had one e-locker self destruct. the electromagnet bound up and tried to rotate with the ring gear. sucked the wires into the diff and bent up the tabs that are meant to keep it from rotating. The diff itself is pretty strong, but those tabs could stand to be a bit beefier. Eaton stepped up and covered the malfunction under warranty. I was still out of the 250 bucks to install the new one.

Back