• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blown speakers leads to uncovering time capsule..then another! Help me decipher.

89XJPIG

NAXJA Forum User
Lately I've noticed my door speakers sounding pretty ratty and planned on buying a set of replacements in the near future. Yesterday I was digging through the bottom drawer of my tool chest when I discovered a pair of 5.25" Kicker Free Air speakers still in their boxes! I placed them in my tool chest and forgot about them ....15 years ago!

Anyhow..I couldn't tear the door panels off quick enough to replace the speakers. When I pulled the drivers door panel I discovered my Jeep's build broadcast sheet taped to the vapor barrier.

Does anyone know how to decipher these things?

post up a picture. you can also contact jeep for a build sheet and they'll send you one free via email.

It's the bottom drawer of a tool chest I rarely use. I found a few other goodies in there too..just not as nice as the Kickers..lol.

Pics of my build sheet...

Top Half

Jeepbuildbroadcastsheetfound10-31-0.jpg

Bottom Half

Jeepbuildbroadcastsheetfound2ndhalf.jpg

89X Found mine in almost the same way 2 weeks ago, drivers side front door, took off the panel and there it was.
Mine is missing a quarter sized hole almost dead on #18

89XJPIG said:
Lately I've noticed my door speakers sounding pretty ratty and planned on buying a set of replacements in the near future. Yesterday I was digging through the bottom drawer of my tool chest when I discovered a pair of 5.25" Kicker Free Air speakers still in their boxes! I placed them in my tool chest and forgot about them ....15 years ago!

Anyhow..I couldn't tear the door panels off quick enough to replace the speakers. When I pulled the drivers door panel I discovered my Jeep's build broadcast sheet taped to the vapor barrier.

Does anyone know how to decipher these things?

Goto Jeep.com and then to the contact us page; send them an email with your VIN and they will send you a buildsheet. Took about 2 days for mine, found out I had just about every option avail for 00 including UP country package.:cool:

If anyone knows how to decode these feel free to chime in. I dooubt there will be too many suprises on it as it was (from what I can tell) a near fully-optioned out 2 DR Laredo. Here's what I believe it came with...

-PWR WINDOWS
-PDL
-TILT
-C/C
-A/C
-REAR DEFR
-REAR WIPR
-FACT REMOTE STARTER
-6 SPKR AM/FM CASS (BEEN UPGRDED TO KENWOOD/XM HEAD UNIT)
-COMMAND TRAC 4WD
-6 WAY ADJUST SEATS
-SPORT/ECON MODE SELECTOR FOR TRAN
-ADJ ROOF RACK
-CHROME GRILLE
-3:55 RATIO REAR
-TOWING PCKG? (have tow bar unit on it but don't know if it's factory)
-CNTR CONSOLE W/ VENTS
-FULL ANALOG GAUGES
-REMOTE MIRRORS (w/ broken cables)
-SIDE BODY MOLDING

RoadTrippin said:
Goto Jeep.com and then to the contact us page; send them an email with your VIN and they will send you a buildsheet. Took about 2 days for mine, found out I had just about every option avail for 00 including UP country package.:cool:

Will do..thanks!

Back