• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny fluid

OKFORNOW00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me why my tranny fluid would come out the top of my dipstick hole. Is it getting too hot. Never had this problem before but it happened to me this weekend. Any help would be great.

had it happen this summer about 2 weeks after we got the xj. was driving from st louis down to mizzou and about half way between the 2 had a ton of smoke rooling out the back end of the jeep. we stopped and checked it and was too full and , for lack of a better word, boiled over. got home drained it and replaced it and never had trouble since.

One of the guys we wheel withs, sister has a 99 or 00 that will do teh same thing after a long day of wheeling, but hers doesn't do it on the trial, it waits until the hwy on the way home.

Thanks for the info guys. I have had the XJ for about 3 years and this was something new to me. No other problems but lots of smoke when the tranny fluid hit the exhaust. I was ready to shell out some cash but this is good news.

a bit to full would rarely cause overflow, at least in my experience

over heating is most likely the cause, i would try to do a full service, before causing more problems, i've melted the paint off a torque convertor, turning it bright purple, from overheating a trans

Back