• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d44 crown vics+ stock wheels = no go

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
so after dropping in the d44.... i was rather annoyed to find out the stock xj wheels (tried both 5 spokes, and 11 spokes) will NOT clear the crown vic brake calipers....
which is pretty lame, as ive read 98% of the crown vic threads here on naxja, and havent heard a peep about them not fitting....
i even mocked up a set of tires on the axle to wheel it from my garage to the street for the install...... it didnt seize up untill the lugs where tightened down all the way snug....
luckily a buddys mj had some american racing wheels on it... which clear fine due to the increase in backspacing...

please dont flame me for starting a complaint thread... just wanted to share some info.... i will be contacting whoever i can, to put this information out there....

btw, has anyone had issues with the spidertrax wheel spacers, due to pressing in longer studs?
i got some longer studs in my axles... and would rather know in advance if im gonna have to pull them...

That's odd, I have Explorer brakes (very similar to the Crown Vic stuff) on my D44 with no issues.
xcm said:
btw, has anyone had issues with the spidertrax wheel spacers, due to pressing in longer studs?
i got some longer studs in my axles... and would rather know in advance if im gonna have to pull them...
If you're using the stock alloys, there are voids on the inside wheel mounting surface (at least on both sets of wheels I have, anyway) that'll accommodate the longer studs. I have 1" spacers on mine and the axle studs stuck past the spacer but, the wheels fit no problem. I didn't need the spacers for caliper clearance btw, just wanted to keep my front tires from rubbing the control arms at full lock (so of course, the rears had to match)---------Hans

thanks for the nfo oatmeal, good info as usual....
it makes perfect sense now that i think about it....
after seeing the xj with spaced out wheels.... i want spacers, so ill be going that route...

kinda defaulted on the spidertrax, figured itd be best to go with a name that gets thrown around naxja...

might have boughten those to save some cash, but allready ordered the spidertrax....
is $20 too much to pay for cool annodized darkblue? i dont think so...
plus i had to order them ASAP, my friend wants his rear wheels/tires back

Back