• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

--> Essentially Offroad (EOR) 4dr. XJ cage QUESTIONS...

uncc civilengineer

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the market for a cage and theirs looks nice on the site... 1.75" DOM for a decent price. I've searched on here and only found a few people running it but NO pictures at all....

I dont want a pic request but I would like to see a few if you have them. I also want to know if it's a quality kit... I know there's D&C Extreme's cage so basically it's between EOR or D&C... help me decide. Lots of people running D&C and very few EOR? reasons?

Chris

T and J Performance has a cage kit also.

Chris,
Pat here on NAXJA has the EOR cage IIRC. He's probably got some pics somewhere. You might PM him if he dosen't pipe up here.

Hale

EOR Jeepspeed Cage is on the way... Lance said 3 weeks delivery is the worst case scenario... but hopefully sooner.. Their price seems excellent and it's 1.75" .120 wall DOM.. D&C wanted something like $250 more for DOM...

The Jeepspeed Cage eliminates the back seat but that's not an issue w/ me b/c there's a 37" Maxxis Comp. Trepador back there to start with... It also seems to have quite a bit of triangulation and is supposedly to spec for most sactioned comps.

Since no one on here has any write up or decent pictures (that I could find)... i'll try to produce something... we'll see how it goes...

I have EOR 4dr kit. It is pretty nice and fairly easy to install if you have the right poeple helping or putting it in for you. They sent me the front spreader bars for the 2dr. kit but, with a cut off wheel and a bit of grinding it was no problem. If I could do it over I would have pushed the front side spreaders out a little further for more head room and would have put the B-pillar bar(i think) back into back passenger area a little further, also for more head room. My head does not hit anything but it does come close.

sik4wheeler said:
I have EOR 4dr kit. It is pretty nice and fairly easy to install if you have the right poeple helping or putting it in for you. They sent me the front spreader bars for the 2dr. kit but, with a cut off wheel and a bit of grinding it was no problem. If I could do it over I would have pushed the front side spreaders out a little further for more head room and would have put the B-pillar bar(i think) back into back passenger area a little further, also for more head room. My head does not hit anything but it does come close.

The Jeepspeed cage is totally different as opposed to the 4 door... It's triangulated and deletes the rear seat..

All in all are you happy w/ the quality?

Chris

The quality of the cage is great. I know the diiference between the reg. kit and jeepspeed. No complaints. Except it would have been nice to have some sort of an install guide besides the crapy online pics.

sik4wheeler said:
The quality of the cage is great. I know the diiference between the reg. kit and jeepspeed. No complaints. Except it would have been nice to have some sort of an install guide besides the crapy online pics.

Hopefully they'll include some install instructions...the jeepspeed kit seems to have a lot of peices.. :roll: And youre right the online pics are just about worthless.

Chris

Please post pictures and what not when you get the cage. I am just about ready to pull the trigger on this same cage, but I have the same questions you did/do.

Thanks In Advance.

I'm very interested in EOR's cage (not the jeep speed), but am worried about hitting my head on the overhead spreaders. I'm 6'2 and my head is very close to the ceiling. Any advice or opinoins? TIA blaise

EOR does some VERY good work. There full tubed buggys perform VERY well. Jimmy is da man!

Back