• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HID head lights?

search ebay for autopal. I got mine from them and they rock, it was only 25 bucks shipped to my door for both bulbs. WOW thats cheap for the hid kit!!! I gotta get me a set! WOW!!!

how is these prices possible, when HID offroad lights dont go for any less then $450?!?

i want to be surprised, but i doubt these will work.... we wouldve seen more about them at that price... right?!?

I sell true HID kits. My cost on single filiment is $125. Dual filiment quad balast are $250 cost, and moterized high/low are $225 cost. I find those prices hard to swallow. If they are real order them up. Thats F'n cheap!!!

the thing with that cheapo kit is that its not bi-xenon. its just a single beam... but they do offer the H4 bulbs... so i'm confused. are h4-1 low beam and h4-2 high beams?

jforse said:
I sell true HID kits. My cost on single filiment is $125. Dual filiment quad balast are $250 cost, and moterized high/low are $225 cost. I find those prices hard to swallow. If they are real order them up. Thats F'n cheap!!!

I get those same prices. One of my installers just bought a set off of ebay for $85 shipped after we installed some in a customers vehicle. We're going to see how long they last, but they seem to be doing fine. $85 for a set of HIDs shipped is a damn good price. I'm thinking about doing my foglights only so it really will be just for offroad use.

lancey3 said:

Wow are you guys kidding? Come on, no one listens huh?
Here newbies:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200mm-H6054-H4-EURO-CONVERSION-HEADLIGHTS-KIT_W0QQitemZ230182408189QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you do NOT want those cheapo projection head lights. they suck A$$! trust me, dont waste your money, you want E-code beams.
You will NOT have to upgrade the harness, just plug in and play. They are, hands down, 1000000000X better than the cheap A$$ ones you guys posted up.
Good Luck.

haha sorry..don't really know my shit when it comes to electrical stuffs.

Thanks for the info selarep. Is it a significant improvement? The price alone is enticing.

lance

lancey3 said:
haha sorry..don't really know my shit when it comes to electrical stuffs.

Thanks for the info selarep. Is it a significant improvement? The price alone is enticing.

lance

HELL YES.

It's well worth the price. they work better than those cheesy projector lights. Real projector lights self adjust themselfs for road leveling, as in BMW's. anything else is just cheap. I did this mod and I love it, I see so much better.

You definatly want the e-code lenses! With the kits that I sell, the single filiment kits have a halogen bulb piggybacking the xenon bulb for the low beam. Then the xenon HID bulb is high beam. This is for the H1 kits of course. I have two options for the dual filiment kits. One the bulb moves in the housing to reflect in a differnet position in the lense for high/low beams and only require one set of ballests. The older twin filiment kits have four ballests and really bulky bulbs. As far as upgrading the factory harness it should not be needed. Our its only draw 35w. Which should be the norm for HIDs.

I have had my ballests and lenses submerged in water and have not had an issue with them yet.

jforse said:
You definatly want the e-code lenses! With the kits that I sell, the single filiment kits have a halogen bulb piggybacking the xenon bulb for the low beam. Then the xenon HID bulb is high beam. This is for the H1 kits of course. I have two options for the dual filiment kits. One the bulb moves in the housing to reflect in a differnet position in the lense for high/low beams and only require one set of ballests. The older twin filiment kits have four ballests and really bulky bulbs. As far as upgrading the factory harness it should not be needed. Our its only draw 35w. Which should be the norm for HIDs.

I have had my ballests and lenses submerged in water and have not had an issue with them yet.

Update on these. I ordered a set of those VVME HIDs and they use the same ballests and bulbs that come in the kits I sell. The only difference is the wiring. Im running a set of the hi/low H4 VVME HIDs in the XJ right now to test them. I have had them in for two weeks without a problem. We may be switching to these guys for our kits. The only issue we havent ironed out yet is the warranty problem. We want to offer the customer 100% replacement on parts for the first year. With VVME being in Bejing that may be hard to do. They do list a number for Deleware I believe but they dont keep any product stock stateside.

I just installed those VVME Bi-Xenon on my Jeep. Let me just say they're amazing. Took almost 2 weeks to get them from Beijing though, and I'm on the west coast.

This is the 6000k kit with Hella E-code housings:
Low beam
imgp1174.jpg

High beam
IMGP1175.jpg

Only issue I have so far is; if you turn them on and then off while the car's running, they stay on until either you shut the car off or flash the high beams.

Cibie's do have some nice optics, along with hellas. The autopals however are a good compromise if you don't want to spend $60 or so on some headlight housings. As for the HID's, wtf are you guys talking about with bi-xenon bulbs? Someone mentioned that it tilts for the low/high beams, but i dont see how that\s possible. On true bi-x setups the motor moves the projector, not the bulbs. A d2s is a d2s, is a d2s.

on another note, i'm very suprised at how well the housings above took the hid conversions, looks like minimum glare and decent output. A litlte hot, but not unbearable.

The Bi-Xenon d2s bulb base has a solenoid inside it that tilts the bulb upward when the high beams are switched on.

Edit: Not sure if these are d2r's or d2s's.

Last edited:
Well, If they are in an H4 housing, they're not really d2s or d2r. They have been rebased to fit into the housing. about the bi-x, I just think thats stupid. I mean if it works and there is a big difference than more power to ya but I just think it's cheesy.

frankly from what ive seen with mine i dont miss the high beams but if you want the ones with h/beam its got a motorized base that retracts the bulb for a differant focal point but compared to what im used too these hids are far superior in terms of illlumination and i have the yellow i can imagine what the white are like...

TRSCobra said:
Only issue I have so far is; if you turn them on and then off while the car's running, they stay on until either you shut the car off or flash the high beams.

Uh Eric not sure how you wired them up, but maybe i should look at them for you when you get a chance, they should not function that way.

Sean

Back