• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temp gauge sending unit

scottyrock

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for the temp gauge sending unit.I know it is on the back of the engine,drivers side,near the brake booster and the map sensor but for the life of me I still cannot see it. I must be tatally blind.When I turn the key to start the gauge needle flys over to the right so it has power but after engine is running it does not register.If anyone has a pic that would be great.Thanks...91 4.0L aw4 4x4 auto with gauge cluster

Last edited:
your right on track. It is located towards the back of the valve cover and is screwed into the head and has a single wire that pushes onto it. It is a 10 mm I believe. I don't have a pic of it handy, but if you look for a single wire, (12 or 14 gauge I think) that is mounted in that general vincinity, you will find it. good luck!

If you are looking into the engine bay, look to the back right (drivers side) of the top of the head...it is right there in the corner. I thought mine was a 13mm.

Back